Covid-19 Vaccine 19.02.2021
Our physios have received the vaccine, however we will continue all the current measures at the clinic;
- recording temperatures on entry
- masks / face coverings for all patients and visitors to the clinic.
- Alcohol hand gel available throughout the clinic
- PPE for our physios during face to face appointments, which include visors, Type IIR Fluid Resistant surgical masks, aprons and gloves.
- Cleaning and ventilation at regular intervals during the day.
- Reduced numbers in the clinic to allow for required social distancing.
That being said, we are one step closer to normality.
Keep safe x
LOCKDOWN UPDATE 05.01.2021
We will be able to remain OPEN in Lockdown!
We will continue to follow guidelines from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Public Health England and keep you updated.
Please see our update on Tier 4 restrictions 31.12.2020 for information on how we are operating.
**Reception cover will be limited on Tuesday and Thursday mornings due to some of our staff having to home-school. We will return calls and emails as promptly as we can so we thank you for your continued patience.
TIER 4 UPDATE 31.12.2020
We will be able to help patients in as we enter Tier 4 — we will continue to follow guidelines from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Public Health England and keep you updated.
“There is no area or country in UK where 121 healthcare is restricted. All triaged face to face contact in clinic or domiciliary situations can continue, following all current guidance on Covid screening, risk assessment, consent procedures and the wearing of PPE.”
Last updated 10.11.20 (source: Physio First)
We would like to remind you that if you book online, you will be called by a member of staff. They will go through the measures and explain the forms that need to be filled in. If you are unsure as to whether face to face treatment is suitable for you or you have any other questions related to treatment, you can ask to speak to one of the physiotherapists.
Measures to continue:
- Covid-19 screening — so we ask patients to contact us if they become unwell or come in contact with others who are unwell before their appointment. Temperature monitoring will still continue for staff and patients
- Staff and physiotherapists wearing the appropriate PPE and we ask patients to wear their masks in clinic too.
- Regular cleaning and ventilation of the rooms between patients and staggering of appointments.
We will endeavour to help anyone who cannot attend or would prefer to shield by providing phone/video appointments and direct contact via email too.
Lockdown Update 05.11.2020
From Thursday 5th November 2020 new lockdown restrictions will be introduced and will be in place until December 2nd 2020. During this second lockdown, the Clinic will remain OPEN as normal (our new “normal”), as per guidance from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Public Health England. Appointments will continue as usual.
We continue to:
- use full PPE
- clean rooms in between use
- space appointments to limit patient numbers in the Clinic
- question patients about their illnesses and gain signed consent for attending
- take temperatures
- use NHS Covid-19 App QR codes for this Clinic
If you would prefer a virtual appointment at this time, for whatever reason, we are able to provide that for you. We can send you a link, you will need a smart phone or a computer with a webcam. We can also arrange a phone appointment with you.
If you are at all unsure, please contact the Clinic by calling 01509 263932 and we can talk you through the best options for you.
You can also email us with your query at email@example.com
Wear masks, keep your distance, wash hands, stay safe x
Just touching base with you all in this strange new season.
We are still running virtual appointments, which continue to be popular for those who are more vulnerable with health conditions. A silver lining from this, is finding a new way of helping patients who otherwise would find it difficult to attend for face to face treatment for a variety of reasons.
However we are also now running full lists with face to face appointments. Patients have responded well to having their temperature taken, regular hand sanitising and the distancing measures within the Clinic. We have had positive comments on how we are handling the situation and that patients generally feel “safe”. That is good to know!
Results from our survey on the matter in due course!
We continue to wear PPE in treatment and masks around the Clinic, clean the rooms between appointments and space the appointments to allow for cleaning and less bodies in reception at one time. This means slightly longer days for the physiotherapists, but we are all taking it within our stride.
If you are thinking about an appointment, please do ring to discuss how we can best help you. Now is as good a time as any to address those issues.
So lovely seeing you all again! We missed you!
Everything is now running smoothly…
- Informed Consent that we require all patients to sign prior to face to face appointment…
- Procedures are working well…
- Appointments are staggered…
- We’re taking temperatures…
- Rooms are being thoroughly cleaned and ventilated between appointments…
- PPE, including visors, masks, aprons and gloves, are being used.
We are reopening!
We are pleased to announce that the Clinic will be reopening on June 8th 2020, for face to face appointments. We are following all the available guidelines to keep you and and our staff as safe as possible.
Video appointments will still be offered for those shielding, the vulnerable and those for whom reasonable treatment can be effectively carried out remotely We are being as transparent as possible as we open the Clinic.
Our full Protocols for Clinic reopening are available on request. Included in this will be the Informed Consent form that we require all patients to sign prior to a face to face appointment. Protocols and measures taken at the clinic will be updated as new information is issued by NHS England and our regulatory bodies. We can guarantee that we are taking all possible measures to keep you, and ourselves safe. This may affect the rhythm of the Clinic appointments but will not affect the quality of your care and the treatment that you receive.
If you have any questions or concerns please email Joanne Hartshorn, Senior Physiotherapist/Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to seeing you soon!